GIS Day Poster Competition
Do you have an interesting class project or research in Geographical Information Sciences or any of its related domains? Do you want to share it with us? We are inviting you to be a part of the "GIS DAY" celebrations and show us what you have been working on. We will be having two categories for the poster competition:
1st Prize: Nextar GPS worth $100
2nd Prize: iPod shuffle worth $45
*For each category
Requirements for Participation
- Anyone interested in the field of geospatial sciences and related fields can participate in the competition. You do not have to be enrolled in the GIS program at UTD.
- Participants can present class projects, current or past projects from work, master's or doctoral researches. Work in progress can also be presented.
- Projects must be strictly related to spatial sciences which include but are not restricted to the following topics:
· Spatial Econometrics
· Remote Sensing
· Spatial Statistics
- A short, five-minute, oral summary of problem, data, method, and findings must be presented in poster format.
- Poster size must be greater than 24 x 36 inches and less than 42 x 48 inches.
Printing: Free printing of the final copy of the poster are available for limited number of participants on a first come first serve basis. If you need printing facility, contact us before November 10th 2011 through email.
- Deadline: Send your intent to compete and the title of your poster by November 13th 2011 to email@example.com
- All posters must be ready and presented on November 18th 2011 during the Poster Competition session.